Wigan Athletic and Sunderland will be striving to gain an early lead over the other teams in top 6 this weekend. The battle for promotion is getting more and more interesting after each round of fixtures.
Ipswich Town – Shrewsbury
Two teams, who are showing mixed results lately, face each other this Saturday when Ipswich Town host Shrewsbury at their Portman Road Stadium.
Both sides aren’t enjoying their dream start of the new season. They are separated by just 2 points in the standing and given their recent form, Ipswich Town and Shrewsbury will most likely end their clash in a high-scoring draw.
- Ipswich Town haven’t lost in 15 of their last 18 home matches in all competitions.
- Shrewsbury have achieved just 3 wins in their 23 most recent games in all competitions.
- In their 12 most recent matches of all competitions, Ipswich Town have achieved just 2 wins.
- Over 2.5 goals were seen in Shrewsbury’s last 3 matches in League One.
- Prediction: Draw @ 4.00
Plymouth Argyle – Burton Albion
Burton Albion travel to face an in-form Plymouth Argyle in an exciting clash this weekend.
The hosts are still undefeated in the league this season and will do their best to remain this way. Burton Albion, however, are experiencing difficulties lately and have won just 1 of their last 6 matches.
- No defeats can be found in Plymouth Argyle’s 10 most recent games in League One.
- In Burton Albion’s 3 most recent away all competitions matches, there have been under 2.5 goals scored.
- Plymouth Argyle have been conceding an average of 0.67 goals in their home league matches.
- The average number of goals scored by Burton Albion is 0.40 for their away matches in all competitions.
- Prediction: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.89
Sheffield Wednesday – Bolton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers will try to break into the promotion play-offs zone this Saturday when they visit Sheffield Wednesday at their Hillsborough Stadium.
The Owls are currently situated mid-table and they well deserve the 12th spot, given the mediocre recent performance of the team. Bolton Wanderers, on the other hand, are showing a bit better results so far and have a chance to move up in the table this weekend.
- Sheffield Wednesday’s performance has been disappointing of late, as they have won just 1 of their 6 most recent League One clashes.
- In their last 36 games in all competitions, Bolton Wanderers have recorded 30 undefeated encounters.
- Sheffield Wednesday haven’t lost in 8 of their last 9 home matches in all competitions.
- Bolton Wanderers score an average of 2.17 goals in their away matches in League One.
- Prediction: Bolton Wanderers @ 3.50
Wycombe – Gillingham
In the upcoming Round 12, Wycombe welcome Gillingham at their Adams Park, as the hosts will be aiming to leapfrog Wigan Athletic and Sunderland at the joint top spot in the table.
The Chairboys are by far in better form than their weekend opponents and should grab the 3 points. Even though Gillingham aren’t showing that solid results lately, they won’t give up without a fight so get ready for a thrilling clash this Saturday.
- Wycombe are on a run of 4 consecutive home wins in their domestic league.
- Gillingham have won just 1 of their last 7 away matches in League One.
- In their last 7 home games in all competitions, Wycombe have been undefeated on 6 occasions.
- Wycombe have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in all competitions.
- Prediction: Wycombe @ 1.70