Round 7 in the French top-flight league will be played on Wednesday and things in top 4 are starting to get quite interesting with the teams being separated by a very thin margin. PSG are currently in first place and will do their best to continue their dominance.
AS Monaco – AS Saint-Étienne
AS Monaco host AS Saint-Étienne at their Stade Louis II this Wednesday in an exciting clash.
The home side are struggling so far and have won just 1 of their previous 6 fixtures. AS Saint-Étienne are also performing quite awfully and have lost their last 3 matches in the league.
- In their last 7 games in Ligue 1, AS Monaco have a poor record of just 1 win.
- AS Saint-Étienne have been defeated in their last 3 matches in Ligue 1.
- In AS Monaco’s last 3 home games in Ligue 1 there have been under 2.5 goals scored.
- In their 9 most recent matches of Ligue 1, AS Saint-Étienne have achieved just 1 win.
- Prediction: Draw @ 4.15
Montpellier HSC – Girondins Bordeaux
Relegation-threatened Girondins Bordeaux travel to face Montpellier HSC this week.
Montpellier HSC are the favourites in this upcoming encounter but they aren’t in that solid form either. The away side are just 1 point above the relegation zone and need to turn things around, if they don’t want to keep going downhill.
- Montpellier HSC have scored 2+ goals in all of their last 3 home league matches.
- In each of their last 12 away Ligue 1 matches, Girondins Bordeaux have allowed 1 or more goals.
- Montpellier HSC have managed to score an average of 2.33 goals scored in their home matches in Ligue 1.
- In Girondins Bordeaux’s last 9 away matches of Ligue 1, there have been over 2.5 goals scored.
- Prediction: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.78
Angers SCO – Olympique Marseille
Two teams in top 4 face each other on Wednesday when Angers SCO host Olympique Marseille at their Stade Raymond-Kopa.
The Black and Whites are just 2 points below their opponents and will do their best to leapfrog them in the standing. Olympique Marseille are yet undefeated this season and will be aiming to threaten PSG’ s ambitions for the league title.
- Angers SCO have defeated Olympique Marseille in just 1 of their last 11 meetings in Ligue 1.
- Olympique Marseille are undefeated in their last 7 league games.
- There are no losses for Angers SCO in 5 of their most recent 6 games (Ligue 1).
- Olympique Marseille have won all of their last 3 league matches by margin of 2+ goals.
- Prediction: Olympique Marseille @ 2.20
Lyon – Troyes AC
The newly-promoted Troyes AC visit a tough opponent in the face of Lyon in the upcoming round.
Lyon is dominating the fixtures between the two teams, as they have won 100% of their last 6 meetings with Troyes AC. The away side are surely the outsiders this wednesday, but this doesn’t mean they can’t surprise the football fans around the world.
- Lyon’s 6 most recent home Ligue 1 matches have seen both teams score.
- Troyes AC have won just 1 of their last 6 matches in Ligue 1.
- At least one goal has been scored by Lyon in all of their last 12 home matches in Ligue 1.
- Lyon are on a successful streak of 4 home wins by 2+ goals against Troyes AC in Ligue 1.
- Prediction: Lyon @ 1.40