Round 4 in the Bundesliga is approaching at full speed this weekend. We are in the early stages of the new season and teams are still working on finding their right pace, so surprising results are pretty much expected.
Hoffenheim – Mainz
Hoffenheim host Mainz at their WIRSOL Rhein-Neckar-Arena in a tense encounter this Saturday.
Both teams are showing similar performance lately, which means that we should witness some quite intriguing situations. Given the facts, Hoffenheim and Mainz should settle with a point this weekend.
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in 10 of their 11 most recent matches (all competitions).
- In their last 15 games in all competitions, Mainz have been undefeated on 13 occasions.
- Hoffenheim’s last 4 home games in all competitions have been high-scoring, with over 2.5 goals scored.
- Mainz are conceding an average of 2.00 goals in their away Bundesliga games.
- Prediction: Draw @ 3.70
Greuther Fürth – VfL Wolfsburg
The current league leaders travel to face the newly promoted Greuther Fürth this weekend.
The Cloverleaves are finding it hard keeping up with the fast pace in the Bundesliga and are currently 16th in the table. VfL Wolfsburg, on the other hand, are enjoying splendid results so far and occupy the first spot in the standing.
- No defeats can be found in Greuther Fürth’s 6 most recent home games in all competitions.
- VfL Wolfsburg have won their last 3 league games.
- Greuther Fürth have not been beaten in 11 of their 12 most recent home matches in all competitions.
- VfL Wolfsburg haven’t lost in 9 of their last 11 away matches in the Bundesliga.
- Prediction: VfL Wolfsburg @ 1.57
Eintracht Frankfurt – VfB Stuttgart
Two teams, who are separated by just 1 point in the standing, face each other this Sunday.
Eintracht Frankfurt are a point below their opponents in the table and will be hoping that their home advantage will help them leapfrog VfB Stuttgart. The away side have lost their last 2 encounters and will be desperate to improve their form.
- Eintracht Frankfurt have won only 1 of their last 8 all competitions matches.
- VfB Stuttgart have achieved just 1 win in their 6 most recent away games in the Bundesliga.
- A period of 18 straight home games without a defeat marks the Bundesliga campaign of Eintracht Frankfurt.
- VfB Stuttgart have conceded 1+ goals in all of their last 10 league matches.
- Prediction: Draw @ 3.74
VfL Bochum – Hertha BSC
Bottom-placed Hertha BSC visit VfL Bochum in an exciting Sunday clash.
The home side are back in the Bundesliga after an absence of nearly a decade and so far are showing decent results. However, Hertha BSC are in disastrous form and have yet to register a win.
- VfL Bochum have achieved a 5 home game half time/full time winning streak in all competitions.
- Hertha BSC are on a poor run of just 2 wins in 16 away matches (all competitions).
- VfL Bochum have won by 2 or more goals their last 3 home all competitions games in a row.
- Hertha BSC have a poor record of 4 consecutive losses in Bundesliga.
- Prediction: VfL Bochum @ 3.16