Serie A continues this weekend with a thrilling Round 7. SSC Napoli are marching through their recent fixtures as they have registered only victories so far. Although, the other teams in top 4 aren’t far behind which makes the battle for the Scudetto quite interesting.
Salernitana – Genoa
Bottom-placed Salernitana host Genoa at their Stadio Arechi this Saturday.
Things aren’t going well for the recently promoted side of Salernitana and if they don’t turn things around, they are destined to return back to Serie B. The away side aren’t performing that solidly as well, having won just 1 of their last 6 encounters.
- Salernitana have conceded an average of 2.50 goals in their league matches.
- Genoa are in an unfortunate period, having won just 1 of their last 6 matches in Serie A.
- Genoa have conceded 2 or more goals in their last 6 Serie A games in a row.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in Genoa’s last 6 Serie A games.
- Prediction: Genoa @ 2.45
Sassuolo Calcio – Inter Milano
The reigning league champions visit Sassuolo Calcio in an intriguing match this weekend.
The hosts are situated in the lower part of the table and are showing mixed results so far. Inter Milano will be aiming to defend their champions title and need to win this upcoming clash in order to get closer to SSC Napoli and regain the first spot.
- There are no losses for Sassuolo Calcio in 10 of their most recent 12 home games (Serie A).
- Inter Milano are undefeated in 27 of their last 28 league games.
- Sassuolo Calcio’s last 4 clashes with Inter Milano in Serie A have seen over 2.5 goals scored.
- Inter Milano have managed to score 2+ goals in their last 11 matches in Serie A.
- Prediction: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.50
Bologna FC – Lazio
Bologna FC host a strong opponent in the likes of Lazio at their Stadio Renato Dall’Ara this Sunday.
The Red and Blues are struggling so far, having registered 2 losses, 2 draws and 2 victories in the previous 6 rounds. Lazio split the 6th spot in the standing with Atalanta Bergamo, so they can’t afford to make any mistakes this weekend.
- Bologna FC have managed just 2 wins in their last 13 league games.
- Lazio haven’t lost to Bologna FC in 20 of their 23 most recent games in Serie A.
- Bologna FC have won just 1 of their last 9 home meetings with Lazio in Serie A.
- Lazio have won just 1 of their last 7 away matches in Serie A
- Prediction: Draw @ 3.65
AS Roma – Empoli FC
AS Roma and Empoli FC lock horns in Round 7 with both sides striving to secure a place in the European tournaments.
The Yellow and Reds suffered a disappointing 3-2 defeat from city rivals Lazio last week and will do their best to get back to winning ways. Given their current form, Empoli FC aren’t an opponent that should be underestimated, so expect a thrilling clash that could go either way.
- A period of 7 straight home games without a defeat marks the Serie A campaign of AS Roma.
- Empoli FC have won their last 2 away matches in Serie A.
- There are no losses for AS Roma in 18 of their most recent 20 home games (Serie A).
- AS Roma have won their last 5 home matches in Serie A.
- Prediction: AS Roma @ 1.42