Seria A begins this weekend and with it all of Europe’s top leagues will have officially started the new season. Juventus FC will be aiming to reclaim the Scudetto after the splendid run of results that Inter Milano achieved during their title race last campaign.
Empoli FC – Lazio
Lazio travel to face the newly promoted side of Empoli FC this Saturday.
The home side will once again play in Serie A after a two-year pause, so they will be striving for a solid start of the campaign. Lazio should come into the match as firm favourites but they shouldn’t underestimate their motivated opponents.
- Empoli FC have been defeated by Lazio in their last 5 league encounters.
- Lazio have succeeded in winning their last 5 games against Empoli FC in Serie A.
- Empoli FC have defeated Lazio in just 1 of their last 7 meetings in Serie A.
- The latest games of Lazio consist of 4 consecutive away Serie A losses in both half time and full time.
- Prediction: Lazio @ 1.75
Torino FC – Atalanta Bergamo
Torino FC will host Atalanta Bergamo at their Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino in their opening fixture this weekend.
The Bulls will be hoping for a better performance this year, as they finished just 4 points above the relegation zone last season. Atalanta Bergamo showed some great results during the previous campaign but didn’t manage to propose a serious threat for the first spot.
- Torino FC are in an unfortunate period, having won just 3 of their last 19 home matches in Serie A.
- Atalanta Bergamo are on an unbeaten run of 6 away games in their Serie A participation.
- In their 8 most recent matches of Serie A, Torino FC have achieved just 1 win.
- In their last 29 games in Serie A, Atalanta Bergamo have been undefeated on 26 occasions.
- Prediction: Atalanta Bergamo @ 1.57
Bologna FC – Salernitana
Bologna FC host another recently promoted team Salernitana at their Stadio Renato Dall’Ara this Sunday.
The Greyhounds finished mid-table last campaign and now they will be aiming to improve their mediocre performance. Salernitana showed great results in Serie B the previous campaign, but will they manage to continue their form in Italy’s top-flight league?
- Bologna FC are on a poor run of just 1 win in 10 matches (Serie A).
- Salernitana have won 5 of their last 6 fixtures from Serie B.
- Bologna FC have achieved just 1 wins in their 6 most recent home games in Serie A
- Salernitana are undefeated in their last 3 away matches (Serie B).
- Prediction: Bologna FC @ 1.72
SSC Napoli – Venezia FC
Venezia FC are up against a tough opponent in the face of SSC Napoli in their first encounter in Serie A this weekend.
The hosts finished last season in a solid fashion and will do their best to continue their good form in the beginning of the new one as well. Venezia FC are definitely the outsiders in this upcoming clash but they will be confident that they will surprise the bookmakers in the opening round of the new season.
- No defeats at half time can be found in SSC Napoli’s 13 most recent home games in Serie A.
- Venezia FC haven’t suffered a defeat in their previous 6 matches in Serie B.
- There have been goals scored by both teams in SSC Napoli’s last 7 home matches in Serie A.
- Venezia FC have registered 5 draws in their last 6 away encounters in Serie B.
- Prediction: Draw @ 6.15