Season 2021/22 in the Eredivisie starts this week and will bring lots of joyful moments to the fans around the world. AFC Ajax dominated their way towards the league title last campaign, but will they manage to defend it this time around?
Heracles Almelo – PSV Eindhoven
The runners-up last season PSV Eindhoven travel to face Heracles Almelo in their opening encounter this Saturday.
The home side finished last campaign at the mid-table spot, but now they will be confident that they will achieve better results. The peasants weren’t able to win the title last season, even though they performed quite solidly, so they will be motivated for a better ending in the upcoming campaign.
- Heracles Almelo are undefeated in their last 6 home league games.
- PSV Eindhoven are unbeaten in 30 of their last 31 games against Heracles Almelo in Eredivisie.
- In their 10 most recent home matches of Eredivisie, Heracles Almelo have been undefeated 9 times.
- PSV Eindhoven have no losses against Heracles Almelo in their 10 most recent matches in Eredivisie.
- Prediction: PSV Eindhoven
AFC Ajax – NEC Nijmegen
The reigning champions AFC Ajax host the newly promoted NEC Nijmegen at their Amsterdam ArenA this weekend.
The hosts will do their best to defend their league title and will be aiming for a solid start of the new season. NEC Nijmegen won their promotion play-offs but have drawn the short straw to face the arguably toughest opponent in the Eredivisie in the first round.
- In all of their 23 most recent matches of Eredivisie, there have been no losses for AFC Ajax.
- NEC Nijmegen have been winning at both half time and full time their last 3 matches in Eredivisie.
- In their 30 most recent matches of Eredivisie, AFC Ajax have been undefeated 29 times.
- AFC Ajax have won by a margin of 2+ goals in 5 of their most recent matches of Eredivisie.
- Prediction: AFC Ajax
PEC Zwolle – Vitesse Arnhem
In Round 1 of season 2021/22, Vitesse Arnhem travel to face PEC Zwolle this Sunday.
The Bluefingers were situated in the bottom half of the table and therefore they will be striving for a better performance in the new campaign. Vitesse Arnhem finished in top 4 and have better chances of recording their first win of the season this weekend.
- PEC Zwolle have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 5 meetings with Vitesse Arnhem in Eredivisie.
- Vitesse Arnhem’s last 5 clashes with PEC Zwolle in Eredivisie have seen over 2.5 goals scored.
- PEC Zwolle have conceded 1 or more goals in their last 11 home games against Vitesse Arnhem in Eredivisie.
- Vitesse Arnhem are on a poor run of just 1 wins in 6 matches (Eredivisie).
- Prediction: Over 2.5 goals
Willem II Tilburg – Feyenoord
In another intriguing encounter, Willem II Tilburg host a serious opponent in the face of Feyenoord at their Koning Willem II Stadion.
Tricolores most definitely weren’t thrilled with their performance last season and it’s time for a change this year. The visitors were situated a lot higher in the table in the previous campaign, so they will be confident for a finish in top 5 this time around as well.
- Willem II Tilburg have suffered a defeat in their last 4 clashes with Feyenoord in Eredivisie.
- Feyenoord are undefeated at HT in all their 13 most recent encounters with Willem II Tilburg in Eredivisie.
- Willem II Tilburg have achieved just 2 wins of their last 21 games against Feyenoord in Eredivisie.
- Feyenoord are unbeaten in their last 10 away games against Willem II Tilburg in Eredivisie.
- Prediction: Feyenoord