The top-flight league in Scotland started last weekend. The reigning champions Rangers FC have won their first fixture of the new season and will be aiming to continue their solid beginning of the campaign, although we are still in its early stages and we could witness surprises.
Dundee United – Rangers FC
Dundee United host Rangers FC at their Tannadice Park this Saturday.
The home side finished in the bottom half of the table last season and will be striving for better achievements this campaign. Rangers FC will do their best to defend their champions title and have better odds of registering a win this weekend.
- In their 6 most recent matches of Premiership, Dundee United have achieved just 1 wins.
- Rangers FC are unbeaten in all of their last 39 matches in Premiership.
- Dundee United have conceded an average of 2.00 goals in their league games.
- Rangers FC haven’t lost in 18 of their last 20 encounters with Dundee United in Premiership.
- Prediction: Rangers FC @ 1.20
Celtic FC – Dundee FC
Dundee FC travel to face a tough opponent in the likes of Celtic FC this weekend.
The hosts suffered an unexpected 2-1 defeat from Hearts FC in the first round and will be striving for a better performance this week. The runners-up Dundee FC registered a draw in their last encounter but they will need better results if they want to win the league title this campaign.
- No defeats can be found in Celtic FC’s 6 most recent home games in Premiership.
- Dundee FC have scored 2 or more goals in their last 3 Premiership games in a row.
- Celtic FC have been conceding 2.00 goals on average in their games (Premiership).
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in Dundee FC’s last 3 matches in Premiership.
- Prediction: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.49
Livingston FC – Aberdeen FC
In another intriguing fixture, Livingston FC are up against Aberdeen FC this Sunday.
The Lions suffered a 3-0 defeat last round and are currently sitting rock bottom in the standing. The away side showed better results in the beginning of the new season and will be aiming to continue their good form.
- Livingston FC haven’t scored a goal in their last 3 league games.
- Aberdeen FC have no losses in 21 of their 25 most recent encounters with Livingston FC (Premiership).
- Livingston FC have won just 1 of their last 13 matches in Premiership.
- Aberdeen FC haven’t been beaten in their last 6 straight away clashes with Livingston FC in Premiership.
- Prediction: Aberdeen FC @ 2.88
St Johnstone – Motherwell FC
St Johnstone host Motherwell at their McDiarmid Park in the last match of Round 2 this weekend.
The home side finished 6th last campaign and lost just 1 of their previous 7 fixtures, that defeat came in the final stages of season 2020/21. The Well were defeated by Ross County in their opening encounter and need to improve their performance if they want to finish in the upper half of the table.
- St Johnstone have not been able to score a goal in their 3 most recent matches in Premiership.
- Motherwell FC are undefeated in 5 of their last 6 away league games.
- St Johnstone have achieved just 1 win in their 6 most recent games in Premiership.
- St Johnstone’s most recent games have been low-scoring, with under 2.5 goals in their last 5 home matches in Premiership.
- Prediction: Draw @ 3.42