Segunda Division continues during the World Cup qualifiers this week with a thrilling round of fixtures. Even in the early stages of the season, things in top 5 are quite intense and the teams are separated by a very short gap.
CD Mirandés – SD Eibar
CD Mirandés host a tough opponent in the face SD Eibar at their Estadio Municipal de Anduva this Saturday.
The home side are experiencing difficulties lately, as they have registered just 2 wins and 4 defeats in their previous 6 encounters. SD Eibar, on the other hand, are showing great results so far and should extend their 6 matches unbeaten run.
- CD Mirandés haven’t lost at half time in any of their last 14 home matches in Segunda Division.
- SD Eibar are on an unbeaten run of 6 games in their Segunda Division participation.
- In CD Mirandés’s last 3 home games in Segunda Division there have been over 2.5 goals scored.
- CD Mirandés are scoring an average of 2.00 goals in their home Segunda Division games.
- Prediction: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.21
UD Almería – UD Las Palmas
UD Las Palmas lock horns with the current league leaders this weekend when they visit UD Almería at Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos.
The hosts leapfrogged Sporting Gijón at the first spot after their 1-2 away victory against Girona FC and will be eager to remain on the top of the standing. UD Las Palmas also won their last home fixture in the previous round, but are struggling on their travels so far and will most definitely experience difficulties against such a tough opponent.
- UD Almería are undefeated at half time in their last 23 home Segunda Division games in a row.
- UD Las Palmas have won just 3 of their last 24 away matches in Segunda Division.
- A series of 3 consecutive home Segunda Division wins mark UD Almería’s latest record.
- UD Las Palmas have a good record of 9 undefeated games in their last 10 encounters in Segunda Division.
- Prediction: UD Almería @ 1.79
Real Sociedad B – SD Ponferradina
Real Sociedad B play host to the current runners-up in the standing SD Ponferradina this Sunday.
Real Sociedad B, unlike the first team which is currently 3rd in the table in La Liga, are struggling, as they have registered just 1 win in their 6 most recent encounters. The away side are a different picture and are definitely the favourites in this upcoming clash.
- Real Sociedad B have lost 3 of their last 7 matches in Segunda Division.
- SD Ponferradina have won just 2 of their last 13 away league games.
- Real Sociedad B are winless in their 3 most recent home encounters.
- SD Ponferradina have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Segunda Division.
- Prediction: SD Ponferradina @ 2.90
CD Tenerife – SD Amorebieta
Relegation threatened SD Amorebieta travel to face an opponent from the opposite part of the standing this weekend.
CD Tenerife bounced back to winning ways last weekend and will be keen to continue their good form and secure a promotion in La Liga. However, the same cannot be said for SD Amorebieta who are struggling to win points lately, registering 1 win, 4 draws and 1 defeat in the previous 6 rounds of the tournament.
- CD Tenerife are undefeated in 13 of their last 16 home Segunda Division games.
- SD Amorebieta have achieved just 1 win in their last 8 Segunda Division games.
- CD Tenerife have won only 1 of their last 7 home Segunda Division matches.
- SD Amorebieta’s most recent games have been low-scoring, with under 2.5 goals in their last 4 away matches in Segunda Division.
- Prediction: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.69